Monday, October 25, 2010

5 Minute Fresh Face

Oh no, you've woken up rolled over and realized your alarm has not gone off and you only have 15 minutes to get ready. It has happened to me one two many times, and I'm sure it has happened to you.

Here is a way you can quickly make yourself look awake, and the best part is that it only takes 5 minutes, so you can still have time to put on clothes and brush your teeth before running out the door to your busy life.

For this quick application you only need 3 products: a powder foundation (I personally use Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural- pressed), a highlight (can even be a white or light iridescent eyeshadow), and mascara (my personal favourite is Maybelline's Great Lash in Blackest Black).

To freshen the face, apply the powder foundation lightly to even skin tone and cover any slight imperfections or blemishes (I like the Mac Mineralize because it give a sheer coverage and lets the skin come through but when applied more heavily covers well). Once the skin looks flawless (or realistically close) apply the highlight modestly (or not so modestly depending on your preferred look) to the cheek bones. This will brighten your cheek bones and take the focus off the signs that you may not have gotten enough beauty rest. Finish off with a coat (or more) of mascara, this will open your eyes and make you look more awake (you may not feel more awake... that can be achieved by the numerous cups of coffee you consume... at least that works for me).

I hope this is helpful for those who want a quick and easy way to look put together and ready for a busy day.

Did this tip work for you? Try it and comment on how it went.
Have questions? I would love to answer them to the best of my ability, email me at karleigh@karleighjohnstone.com or find me on facebook (Karleigh Johnstone, I am the only one) and I will respond as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment