Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lipstick for the Wish List

A great lipstick is essential in a makeup bag or woman's purse. If you took a look in my purse you will find MAC Mattene Lipstick in Eden Rouge or Rare Exotic. There are obvious reasons why it has been added to the Wish List.


I have recently been playing with bright lipsticks in my everyday look. It has been difficult finding a lipstick that does not have to constantly be reapplied. Many long lasting lip colours tend to dry out after being worn for some time and although the colour may last, it dries the lips making them feel like leather.


MAC Mattene Lipstick has all the qualities I look for in a lipstick. The pigment is deep and rich, one light coat and the lips are completely covered. The texture is smooth and creamy, it moisturized the lips and does not dry out over time. Easy application, the stick is small and round making it easy to stay on the lips and can be used to nicely shape the cupid's bow on the top lip. Longevity, this lipstick lasts! I apply it once, it lasts all night, when I take off my makeup before bed I have to use some effort to take it off. Finally, a matte finish making the lipstick very versatile- you can create three different finishes; matte by applying only the lipstick, semi-matte/slight sheen by applying chapstick or moisturizer (such as MAC Lip Conditioner Stick) overtop, or a glossy/high-sheen by applying gloss (such as C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine from Bath and Body Wroks, my favourite is Spearmint) overtop.

My favourite look right now is cat-eye liner, nicely sculpted cheekbones and very bright lipstick. Taking it a step further I like everything to be matte except for the very exaggerated iridescent nightlight. MAC Mattene Lipstick in Eden Rouge and Rare Exotic is what I have been looking for to complete my favourite look.


Did you find this post helpful? Questions, comments, feedback? I would love to hear them! Please comment or email me for more specific questions at karleigh@karleighjohnstone.com, find me on Facebook (Karleigh Johnstone, I am the only one), or follow me on Twitter @Karleigh_J.

No comments:

Post a Comment