Sunday, March 13, 2011

Creating the Perfect Cat Eye with Liquid Eye Liner

It is difficult to apply a flawless cat eye style eye liner. To make it easier, I have broken down step-by-step how I apply eye liner. Follow these steps and practice and you will have the technique perfected in no time! I have used liquid eye liner, if you have mature skin try using an eye shadow instead.

I have ask Lydia to be my model for this post. This is her before photo without any eye liner on. 

     
     1. Make a thin even line across the lid.


      2. At the edge of the lid draw a thin line outwards to where you want the tip to end. This will be the bottom portion of the liner's tail.





     3.Connect the liner from mid-lid to the tip.




     4. Fill in the center of the tail. Touch up any imperfections paying close attention to symmetry and that the liner's tail is a sharp point.


    Here is Lydia's after photo now that the eye liner is complete.



    Did you find this post helpful? Questions, comments, feedback? I would love to hear them! Please comment or email me for more specific questions at karleigh@karleighjohnstone.com, or find me on facebook (Karleigh Johnstone, I am the only one).

    1 comment:

    1. Karleigh, I loved this because I wear a cat-eye everyday!
      I was hoping for a bit of a closer shot for your third photo as the connecting of the lines is what I struggle with!

      ReplyDelete