Monday, November 1, 2010

My Favourite Black Eye Pencil

There are many excellent eyeliners on the market but my personal favourite is Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder (it is available in other shades). This pencil is creamy to put on and is easy to use in many different ways. Here are some of the ways I like to use this product:

  • To line the tarsal plate (inside part) on bottom of the eyelid.
  • Sometimes I rub the liner onto my hand then use a brush to apply a thin line on the top of the eyelid. This makes a softer line than if you use the pencil directly on your eye.
  • apply a thick layer of liner as though I'm lining my eyes heavily, then smudge it out to create a base for a smokey eye (I then add eye shadow on top)- there will be a more detailed post about how I apply a smokey eye... and there will be pictures!
This liner has dense pigment meaning it is solid in colour, and it smudges very well. The only negative thing about this liner is that because it is so creamy it can smudge if you don't want it to... especially if you are out dancing the night away and become. A way to avoid smudging is to press a black eye shadow over top of the liner, it is kind of like you are powdering the liner the same way you powder your face after you put on foundation.

Take a look at MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder for yourself

Do you have questions, comments or feedback. I would love to hear it! If you have specific questions you can contact me directly at karleigh@karleighjohnstone.com or find me on facebook Karleigh Johnstone (I'm the only one).

Stay beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. I have a question actually about that....what differences are there between the using liquid, pure color pencils regular color eyeliner pencils? Also what is easiest to use...I'm people must wonder what the differences are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your question Michelle. Liquid liners will be very defined and more obvious. Pencils can be blended to create a softer look, or used under eyeshadow to make a stronger, longer lasting eye colour. I will be making posts using different types of eyeliner, these will show you the differences more clearly.

    ReplyDelete